Translate

Wednesday, October 12, 2011


Number 1033


The zombie death


With Halloween approaching I suppose I need to make at least a token attempt to have some sort of Halloween theme. I don't care to celebrate Halloween, especially by giving out candy to trick-or-treaters, lest my curmudgeon status with neighborhood children be endangered. That they shriek in terror and scatter when I approach them waving my walking stick and hollering, "Get off the sidewalk, you damn little monsters!" is enough Halloween celebration for me.

Today I have a zombie story from Adventures Into the Unknown #20, "The Zombie Death," with art by Lin Streeter. These zombies are the pre-George Romero zombies, back before the preferred method of getting rid of zombies was to shoot them so their heads explode like watermelons. As is usual with this ACG fare the story is not only illogical, it's awfully silly. I like those things when they come from ACG.








No comments: